During the summer or hot season, it is needed to keep our bodies cool follow some summer tips. How to keep your body cool in summer? Our body has its own natural cooling system. When we are sweating it carries heat away from our body. And it lowers our body temperature. When sweating is not enough to cool down, we are at risk of hyperthermia illness. Sweating is one of the features of a healthy body. If you are not sweating then it is the right time to consult your doctor. However, depending upon the nature of the body amount of sweating varies from person to person.
Let us see what are all the best drinks for summer, foods that keep your body cool –cool in the summer, how should be your clothing during this season, unique time tested recipe to keep your body cool during summer.
Summer tips: Summer Drinks which keep your body cool
- Water – Drink adequate amount of water need not be hot water.
- Buttermilk – It is one of the most appropriate drink to cool our body during summer. But, fresh buttermilk is preferred as three-four days old buttermilk contains more citric acid fresh one is good.
- Lassi – Combination of sugar and homemade curd. It is also having a good cooling nature.
- Tender Coconut – It is one of the healthiest drinks which not only helps to cool your body but supplies glucose, the energy quickly to your body.
- Sugarcane Juice – Prepare a smoothie of any fruits like papaya, banana, and butter fruit, etc by grinding it in a juicer and drink it to cool down your body.
- Curd – it is also one of the tremendous drink to cool your body.
- Lemon juice – It promotes hydration and freshens breath.
Recommended read: A Cup of Green Tea can keep Doctor Away? Really?
Summer Foods which keep your body cool
- Green vegetable salads for lunch – Remember it is helpful for easy digestion, nutrient-rich.
- Melons – Supports to healthy skin, boosts your immune system, promotes digestion and supplies water to your body and also keeps the body cool.
- Fruits like watermelon, shamanism, apple, water apple, rose apple, butter fruit, and vegetables like radish, lady’s finger, cucumber – As we know fruits and vegetables are rich with vitamins and easily digestible, supplies water to your body and also helps to keep your body cool.
- Fenugreek seeds – Soak a small tablespoon of fenugreek seed in a pure glass of water and drink it after brush in the morning. This is good for cramps. And it is one of the best cooling agents. Prepare delicious halwa by using fenugreek seeds, jaggery, rice, and pure desi ghee. Our ancestors time tested recipe which is good for health.
How should be your dress style in summer?
Choose Cotton for this season so that it blots sweat and keeps your body cool. As much as possible wear and prefer light colors rather than dark colors. Dress appropriately. Do not wear tight dresses. Get loose dresses.
There is one unique time tested olden days – our granny’s recipe called Thambuli to promote your digestive system, health by keeping your body cool.
Ingredients required are, as listed below:
Centella Asiatica is commonly known as Indian pennywort(Brahmi leaves), It is used as a culinary vegetable and as a medicinal herb. It is known to impart cooling energy. And also its hair oil is known for its good cooling nature. Grated coconut, fresh buttermilk, a half tablespoon of Jeera, Salt to taste, Green chilly or birds-eye chilly, one tablespoon desi ghee, curry leaves, red chili, sesame.
Take a mixer jar and put around 50 – 60 cleaned and fresh Indian pennywort(Brahmi leaves with its stem), five tablespoons of grated coconut, half tablespoon jeera, 2-3 green chili or 5-6 birds eye chili, salt to taste and grind it. After grinding transfer it to a bowl and add buttermilk as per your taste, if you add too much it gives much sour taste. So, for the above-said quantity, you can add 4 glasses of buttermilk. Then, heat ghee put 3-4 pieces of red chili, a tablespoon of sesame and curry leaves after its deep fry put the same to Tambuli bowl. This is good for health, memory, immunity booster too. Last but not least it is having a tremendous cooling agent.
General Tips to keep your body cool in summer
- Limit the spicy foods in summer
- Avoid hot drinks or hot water
- Make use of coconut oil in your cooking.
- Do not eat ice, ice creams, and cold drinks as much as possible.
- Do not intake foods that creating heat to your body.
- Restrict exposure to the sun between 11 am to 2 pm.
- Avoid hot water bathing.
Eat Healthily, Stay Healthy and May all be Healthy