About Safe Period (menstruation):
The lining of the uterus breaks down and leaves the body through the vagina. Women experience a monthly cycle called menstruation or a safe period. This has a range of effects on the reproductive system and other organs.
The average age for the onset of menstruation in the United States is 12 years. Periods typically last for between 3 and 7 days, and the amount of blood loss can vary. The first cycle might be quite irregular. Most women will see their period recur every 28 days. However, cycles of 21 to 35 days are also normal in adult women.
Some more stats:
Girls over 13 years of age can experience more irregular cycles that range from 21 to 45 days. They can range in severity between mild, moderate, and heavy. Young girls are often between 8 and 15 years old when they experience their first period. Hormones regulate these cycles.
Distinctive biological features:
It is universal that girls and women are gifted with distinctive biological features than that of boys and men. As we have discussed in the previous article regarding the age of puberty and the menstrual cycle, in this article let us know how to have a safe period? Follow menstrual hygiene tips. And bleed with pride. By practicing some hygiene tips you can have a safe period.
7 Tips to Have a Safe Period:
- Don’t use clothes during menstruation as the risk of urinary tract infections are more. Nowadays, many brands sanitary napkins are available. But, in selecting napkins also you have to take more care and caution. To keep your skin safe you have to use the best one. Today, even organic sanitary napkins also available.
- Always use sanitary napkins during menstrual periods. When you are choosing sanitary napkin pads for heavy flow days you can select extra large pads available for heavy flow days. This reduces your tension too. You can freely move and stay during menstruation.
- Most girls and ladies use single to pad the whole day. Experts suggested changing pads during menstruation for every six hours. You have to understand your body nature, flow during menstruation. To be on a safer sanity side it is always better to change your pads at least 4 times in 24 hours.
- Keep your body clean and special care to be taken to maintain the cleanliness of the vaginal area. Since outer skin has folds in which leads chance of accumulation of blood. Hence, washing the vagina every time you visit the toilet helps a lot to remove bad odor. And also reduces the possibility of infection. By nature itself, the vagina has an efficient mechanism of cleaning itself. So, water is enough to get it cleaned. No soaps, cleaning products are necessary.
- Take a bath regularly to maintain menstrual hygiene. Bathing fresh up not only the body but, your mood too. Bathing helpful to get rid of menstrual cramps and bloating which is common during this time.
- Always wear a clean, neat dress and wear clean, comfortable, soft material underwear too.
- Hygiene of underwear is also very important. During these days you’re your underwear in hot water so that bad germs can be removed.