Meaning of staying hydrated:
How to stay hydrated that is the same question also comes to my mind. Having absorbed enough water or other liquid. Keeping our body hydrated is important. Consume an adequate amount of water or other liquid to maintain good health.
Importance of staying hydrated:
To control body temperature, keep joints lubricated, to prevent infections, supply nutrients to cells and to maintain organs functioning properly. Being well hydrated improves sleep quality, mood and blood circulation in the body. Every cell, tissue, and organ in our body needs water to work. Staying hydrated is one of the paths for improved wellness.
Water is the best liquid for staying hydrated. Water –
- It forms 60 percent of our body and is important for every cell.
- Promotes cardiovascular health.
- Keeps our bodies cool by maintaining our body temperature.
- It helps muscles and joints work better.
- Water keeps skin supple.
- It helps to cleanse our bodies.
How to stay hydrated?
- Drink coconut water – In addition, when we are using coconut to prepare curry and food, we usually waste coconut water. So, here in after don’t waste it. You can drink or you can pour it to vegetables while boiling or while grinding coconut chutney etc.
- Homemade lemon juice with a pinch of salt is good to stay hydrated.
- Start your day with oatmeal. This helps you to stay hydrated.
- Avoid going and being outside during the middle of the day. In other words, stay at home.
- Drink plenty of Luke warm water.
- Keeping a bottle of water with us is always better. We can carry a reusable water bottle.
- Drink adequate amount of water before, during and after a workout.
- When we are feeling hungry, we can drink water. Thirst is often confused with hunger. True hunger will not be satisfied with drinking water.
- If you are facing a problem in drinking water, drink at different schedules. Eg: drink water after brush in the morning, at breakfast, lunch, in the evening, during dinner and before going to bed.
Signs of Dehydration
Following the mentioned circumstances in which we can understand and determine that we are facing dehydration –
- Little or no urine
- Urine is darker than usual pale yellow.
- Dry mouth
- Extreme thirstiness
Why Strong Immune System is essential?
The main parts of the immune system are white blood cells, antibodies, the complement system, the lymphatic system, the spleen, the thymus, and the bone marrow. Without an immune system, our bodies would be open to attacks from bacteria, viruses, parasites and more. The immune system is spread throughout the body and involves many types of cells, organs, proteins, and tissues. It acts like a defense mechanism to fight against diseases, virus which deteriorates our health. WBC has cells that are specialized to kill infecting microbes and keep our body healthy. It produces antibodies to kill the harmful viruses and bacteria causing diseases.
3 Vitamins those are best for boosting our Immunity
- Vitamin C is one of the biggest immune system boosters of all. In fact, a lack of vitamin C can even make you more prone to getting sick.
Citrus fruit like orange, pineapple, lemons, grapes is good. Pepper, broccoli, red bell pepper, turmeric, garlic, ginger, spinach, yogurt, Almonds, etc are rich in vitamin C.
- Vitamin B6 is vital to supporting biochemical reactions in the immune system.
Avocado, carrots, milk, sweet potato, green peas, Bananas are some sources of our daily food which are rich in B6 Vitamin.
- Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that also helps the body fight off infection.
Vegetable oils such as sunflower oil, soybean, corn oils, green leafy vegetables such as spinach and broccoli, kiwi fruit, mango, blackberries, etc are rich in Vitamin E.
Healthy natural ways to strengthen our immune system
- Healthy food habit strengthens our immune system.
- Say goodbye to smoking.
- Regular exercise increases immunity.
- An adequate amount of sleep enhances the immunity level.
- Be stress-free; In other words, minimizing stress is also plays an important role in strengthening our immune system.
It is the author’s prayer that –
Sarve bhavanthu sukhinaha, Sarve santhu niramayaha, Sarve bhadrani Pashyanthu, Maa kashchid dhukhamapnuyath
May all become Happy, Let none fall ill, Shall all see auspiciousness everywhere, May none ever feel sorrow