Healthy breakfast is the main issue everyone is facing nowadays know about the breakfast first.
An article by American dietitian Lenna Cooper printed in 1917 suggested that “breakfast is the most important meal of the day”. The article published in Good Health a magazine published by the Battle Creek Sanitarium in Michigan.
What is breakfast?
Breakfast: It is the most important meal in a day.
Breakfast is the meal which you have when you get up in the morning. Breakfast is breaking the fast in the morning by taking food. So, breakfast means to break the fast you’ve been observing since you went to sleep the night before.
What time is best for breakfast?
Breakfast is like a fuel to your vehicle. Fuel your body based on your activity throughout the day. You are going to sleep in the night and will wake up in the morning. So, the first meal we are taking is Breakfast. In India, Breakfast time is from 6 am to 10 am. However, in America the majority of restaurants it is defined that – they will only serve breakfast during the late am hours 6 am to 11 am.
The author opines that breakfast time varies from country to country as well as it varies from continent to continent according to the weather, depends on their food habits and lifestyle, their tradition and customs.
Importance of the breakfast
Breakfast is regarded as ‘the most important meal of the day’ because breakfast breaks the overnight fasting. Eating a nutritious breakfast sets your body for the day and promotes weight balancing and weight loss by maintaining blood glucose levels. It also monitors your metabolism. Breakfast refills supply of glucose to boost your energy levels.
Breakfast provides essential nutrients to your body in order to keep your health on track. It is good that if your breakfast contains high fiber because fiber helps the body to stay longer and helps to control blood sugar and cholesterol levels. In addition, eating a high fiber diet is a useful method for weight loss as fiber expands in the stomach helping you to feel no hungry and to eat less throughout the day. Tangney says, “Breakfast like exercising”. “If you make room for it in the morning, you will look and feel great throughout the day”.
What happens if we skip breakfast?
Skipping the morning meal creates an imbalance in the functioning of your body as well as creates an imbalance in the rhythm of fasting and eating. When you wake up, your body needs to make your muscles and brain work their best is usually low. The Breakfast helps to restock it. If you skip breakfast, you will not get nutrients that your body needs.
Benefits of having breakfast:
- The most important benefit is that breakfast jump-starts your metabolism and thus helps you burn more calories throughout the day.
- Breakfast acts as the first boost of energy and helps you to overcome the feeling of exhaustion or tiredness on waking up in the morning.
- It can give you increased concentration and helps you keep yourself lively and active throughout the day.
- Breakfast helps you to maintain healthy body weight.
- As we know carbohydrates are having a vital role in healthy brain functioning. Breakfast improves your memory.
- It decreases appetite.
- Breakfast decreases the risk of type 2 diabetes. Skipping breakfast may cause insulin resistance, a feature of type 2 Diabetes.
- Breakfast leads to better performance
- A healthy breakfast controls the blood sugar level.
- Breakfast boosts your energy level.
- Healthy, nutritious breakfast reduces the risk of overeating later in a day.
- Eating breakfast which consists of more minerals, fiber, vitamins brings more productivity.
It is from the time immemorial we are having this system of eating breakfast in India. Eating breakfast in our country may not be explained by our ancestors on the basis of scientific reasons. But, taking breakfast in the morning is emphasized.