Yes off course. Today we will date highly nutritious DATES and then you will fall in love with them. Dates are tropical fruits grown all across the world. Studies have shown that it has existed for at least 50 million years.
80% date content is sugar and rests of the other component are dietary fibers and protein, vitamins and lots of various minerals. But all of the above remember that they are a very rich source of potassium.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE PER 100 GMS.
|Carbohydrates||· Sugar – 63.35gms
· Dietary fibers – 8gms
|Vitamins||Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9. Vitamin C, E & K|
|Minerals||· Calcium – 39mg
· Iron – 1.02mg
· Magnesium – 43mg
· Manganese – 0.262mg
· Potassium – 656mg
· Phosphorous – 62mg
· Sodium – 2mg
· Zinc – 0.29mg
Dates provide many health benefits. Some of them are listed below:-
- They fulfill almost all the nutritional requirement of the body as they contain every essential mineral, fibers, and antioxidants.
- Due to its high fiber contents, it cures constipation and also regulates blood sugar level.
- As we all know that antioxidants are required for immunity so date protects us from diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, eye-related disorders, heart disease, and osteoporosis, etc.
- Surprisingly dates are very helpful for reducing labor time as it promotes cervical dilation during pregnancy.
- Excellent replacement of white sugar, jaggery, and honey.
DOSAGES: 4-5 dates per day either alone or with a glass of lukewarm milk.